A big welcome to all of my lovely followers and visitors to my little space in the crafting world of blogland! I love colouring, drool over every embellishment and love to 'look' at papers (never mind using them) - some are just TOO good to use lol. I hope you enjoy your little wander through my creative world and would love to feel that I may have inspired some of you in some small way. Happy Crafting to you all and I hope you will stop by again soon!

Tuesday 8 January 2013

Red Wine Party

Hi everyone and a Happy New Year to each and every one of you! Hope you all had the best Christmas and here's looking forward to a bright and exciting 2013 along with (hopefully) more regular posts from Yours Truly :) 

I have no excuses as to not being on here over the festive period apart from the fact that I just totally chilled with my lovely family. Yesterday was my first day back at work number crunching and little one's first day back at school today so, sadly, normality resumes ...... I did get an extra special prezzie from 'The Big Man' at xmas though ..... a whole 144 copic ciao markers! Oh my gosh, I was beside myself and did massive happy dances :D ..... Whoop! Whoop!

Today I'm sharing a card I was commissioned to make by a friend of mine for a fun loving lady's 50th who happens to enjoy a glass of red wine .... or four ;)  Whilst scouring for a digi stamp I came across this fab image from Bugaboo Stamps ....


I used my sparkly new copics to colour this up .... yep, I know, practice needed but I'm having fun doing so :) I was a tad scared to colour such a large space in red (the card is 8" x 8") and I could have added more of a deeper shading but I'm fairly pleased with my first take on it :) Hmmmm .... I think, actually, that Julie may be a little inconsiderate .... why couldn't she have preferred white wine instead??!! Ha ha! ;)  I used 3D crystal laquer to give the glassy effect and added Julie's year of birth using good ole fashioned peel offs lol. For the corners I used my lovely Memory Box die and added liquid pearls to add a bit of depth.



The fab quote comes with the digi .... I just changed the font to match the birthday greeting.  My little floral arrangement consists of the gorgeous roses/buds from WOC and the pretty gold and white stamens from Live & Love Crafts.  

My first post for 2013 .... hope you like :)

I would like to enter into the following challenges - two of which are brand new, so huge congrats and best wishes to the Inky Chicks and Creative Creations on the start of their new ventures :)

Catch the Bug Challenge - Anything Goes
Inky Chicks Challenge #1 - Anything Goes
Creative Creations Challenge #1 - Anything Goes
Divas by Design Challenge 66 - Anything Goes
The Squirrel and the Fox Challenge 34 - Party Time

Thanks so much for popping by, big hugs to all ...

 xx

7 comments:

  1. Tracey, just had to leave a comment, your card made me chuckle and it's so lovely. Good friends and good wine who could ask for more, sure the recipient will love it!! Best Wishes SJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card - I love it! I love it that you have used a Bugaboo image! Thanks for joining us in our Anything Goes challenge at Bugaboo's Catch the Bug challenge blog. Good luck in the draw!
    love
    Jen Leeflang
    BUGABOO DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh what fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love the red wine party
    Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Creations Challenges and our Anything Goes Challenge. Good luck and please come back for our next challenge.
    Veronica DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful image from Bugaboo and perfect for our Party Time Challenge at The Squirrel and The Fox. :) Thanks for joining us and sharing this pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card Tracey. The image is fabulous as is the colouring!

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beauty, love this card, and the wine looks good enough to drink! Cheers, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great image,and the colours are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Creative Creations this time, Carol :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Hugs xx